I offer birth and postpartum doula services in Iowa City and surrounding area.
For birth doula services I offer:
- Free initial consultation
- One to two prenatal visits to get to know each other and discuss pregnancy concerns, your ideal birth and my role as your doula
- Assistance with writing a birth plan
- Email and phone contact for provider appointment updates and any questions
- Access to my rental library
- Referrals to local resources
- On-call services starting two weeks before your estimated due date
- Continuous labor support in active labor at the hospital (or at home birth) which includes physical, mental, and emotional support until the new family is settled
- Support for your partner in his/her coach role
- Take photos or video if you’d like
- Assistance with initiating breastfeeding
- One hospital phone check in
- One postpartum home visit
- Ongoing support and community referrals as your baby grows
For postpartum doula services:
Additional postpartum visits are at an hourly rate and specialized to each client. Because no two families’ postpartum needs are exactly alike, hours can vary greatly from client to client as well. We can discuss exactly what you need including assisting with newborn care or older children, additional breastfeeding support, meal preparation, laundry, walking dogs, cleaning, resources for postpartum depression etc. Postpartum packages to be announced soon.
Please contact me if you have any questions about specific services provided. I can tailor my services to suit your family’s needs.