I am excited to announce Motherly TLC’s first annual Mother’s Day Essay Contest!
My job as a doula is all about support. I support families on their parenthood journey as they prepare for the birth of their child and beyond. For this Mothers’ Day, I want to thank a woman in your life that has offered you that level of unconditional and nonjudgmental support. Write an essay about a woman who embodies that same spirit of support that I strive for here at Motherly TLC. It can be your mom, an aunt, a grandmother, sister, neighbor, teacher, or good friend. The more authentic and honest you are the better! I look forward to reading about the strong woman who has supported you. Thank you in advance for your submissions!
1. Write an essay of 250-500 words and email it to kellie@motherlyTLC.com with the subject “Mother’s Day Contest.” Submissions accepted until end of the day Thursday, April 30th.
2. To qualify, the writer of the essay must have liked Motherly TLC’s Facebook page and shared the contest post to their own Facebook page. Once you have liked and shared the page, send Motherly TLC a Facebook message as confirmation. Indicate that you already have or will be submitting an essay as well.
3. The writer must live in Iowa City or surrounding area.
4. The winner will be announced and notified on Sunday, May 3rd and will be mailed their prize of a $40 gift certificate to Blackstone. It’s not required that you use your prize to treat your role model, but encouraged! You also do not have to use it on Mother’s Day but you can if you wish (make a reservation). If you win, your essay will be featured on Motherly TLC’s Facebook page on Mother’s Day May 10th.
5. You can submit a picture if you want it to be included in your winning post. By submitting a picture, you give permission for it to be used with your essay, and it will not be used for any other purpose.